Re: VONTAGE

On Aug 5, 3:33=A0am, CH=AEIS <s...@xxxxx> wrote:
> > "tourman" wrote...
>
> > RHC: Yeah, I've had loads of clients come to me with VoIP service and
> > they never want to understand that this service is unreliable with an
> > alarm. So their next step is to call another company who doesn't give
> > a shit, and hooks them up anyway just for the money. It almost seems
> > dealers who do the right thing are punished by the scummy ones who
> > don't care about anything other than that monthly RMR. And if you try
> > to sell the client on the proper IP connecting device, they won't
> > spend a dime on it.....
>
> > Although it might be hard to swallow at times, you are doing the right
> > thing !! And if they care that little about the alarm, then the hell
> > with them....you're better off getting rid of them
>
> Any idea what Shaw's digital phone service is? =A0Aparently it's not VoIP=
.

> We've had a couple of customers switch to it and haven't had any problems=
 so
> far. =A0And the Shaw techs seem to know more about how not to mess up a l=
ine
> seizure phone connection than Telus does. =A0They just take Telus' incomi=
ng
> line off and replace it with theirs, not bothering to "fix" this strange
> connection they don't understand.
>
> http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/ProductsServices/DigitalPhone/AboutDigitalPh...
>
> - Chris

Had a older customer with a big old mansion switch to comcast and of
course weekly test did not go thru so I went over and explained as
best i could why it would not work reliably even after i corrected the
wiring  and even put the butt set on line so they could here what was
going on .
explained how uplink worked and how it gave even better protection and
they switched over.
but the big difference between this customer and most is they
understand what a security system is doing for them
and they are worried about a fire.
Needless to say she was extremely upset with  comcast that they never
explained difference in phone line nor asked her to test her system
before they left leaving her unprotected for the week.

I got rid of all my cheap ass peice of shit customers years ago and
kept my customers who are informed and educated and understand the
value of there systems it makes things so much easier when technology
changes as I try to keep everyone informed and my customers often call
me with tech questions on allkinds of stuff not just alarms.
I realize im a small one man shop and not everyone has this luxury but
it sure as hell was worth losing money initially but actually making
more in the end after getting rid of the crap and keeping the quality
customers who were wsting my time and taking away from my good paying
customers.