Re: 60-806 help

brihyn wrote:

> Considering I'm a network engineer and manage around 150 servers
> myself, I don't really mind fixing my own computeer on a friday night.
> And having previously been in a position of qa'ing and doing component-
> level repairs on security and fire alarm circuit boards (read: I had
> to troubleshoot down to the individual integrated circuiit or circuite
> board trace), along with designing and implementing my own fully
> functional monitoring system at the previous house, this doesn't seem
> that bad to me.

Well, you're "one up" on me...  I would NEVER undertake to do a board
level repair on a fire alarm system...  But then, I run a service
company that has obligations that go beyond "fat fingering" a part of a
life safety system whereas you... manage servers...  Gee...  If my
server goes "down", it means I can't get emails...  Oh bliss!!!  :-)

> Again, if I can get the programmer board and installer manual, I can
> reset the thing back to original defaults and reprogram it myself. And
> really, is having it unplugged right now worse than having it plugged
> in but unusable, as it was prior to me "randomly pushing buttons"???
> We've been here 6 months and up until now, the security system was
> useless.
> So thanks for the condescending attitude, but can we get back to
> actually answering my original question?

"Programmer board"???  Where'd you get that notion??  And all the
installer manual will tell you at this point is that you can't enter
programming mode while the system is armed.  There is no "east tunnel"
and there is no "back door" into your system.  What part of "hooped"
don't you understand, "Mr. Network Engineer"??

You're back to "square one".  You have to replace the common control
board (easy for a Network Engineer that manages 150 servers), and then
program your system "from scratch"...  I won't say that'll be "easy" as
you're having difficulty understanding the concept of being "hooped"...
  but I can hope!  :-)