Re: Edmonton, Alberta

On Apr 13, 12:25=A0am, Frank Olson <use-the-email-
li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman wrote:

> >> Any feedback as to ..... Why ? =A0(they switched).
>
> >> Seems like ADI would be the better venue for them.
>
> >> Or maybe it was ADI's choice?
>
> > RHC: Well, rumour has it that Paradox didn't much like the fact that
> > ADI push a lot of other alarm panel lines as well, and perhaps Paradox
> > didn't think ADI were giving them sufficient attention in the bigger
> > stream of things. =A0I suspect that Coudriau (who recently started as a
> > dealer with Paradox) was outselling ADI by a long shot. I know I swung
> > over all my business to Coudriau when they started giving me much
> > better service and better prices to boot !! They also kept sufficient
> > stock on hand so that there never was an issue of having to wait for
> > anything !!
>
> > One thing which didn't impress me was that Paradox waited until ADI
> > had received (and I assume paid for) about $500,000 worth of alarm
> > stock before they were told that they were being dropped as a
> > distributor. I expected better from a company like Paradox. I guess
> > ethics always takes a back seat to profit with these large
> > companies.........
>
> I'd consider their ethics questionable if they were pressuring
> ADI/Burtek into placing that big order in order to show "good faith". =A0=
> wonder if we'll ever know the real story behind it. =A0I do know that
> ADI/Burtek never tried talking me into buying another motion sensor or
> glass break detector when I ordered Paradox units. =A0They were in a good
> position to "switch" me into other comparable units several times, but
> never did. =A0There's a lot of brand loyalty out there. =A0I think that m=
ost
> good wholesalers recognize this. =A0If sales are "down" it's to do with
> the economy more than anything else. =A0I understand TRIED in the US is
> "hurtin'".

RHC: Could be, who knows. I have always had good service from ADI/
Burtek over the years - no complaints. I still shop there for some
things, just not Paradox equipment. As to Paradox's motives for doing
what they did, good or bad, we can only surmise.....

The alarm business  here slowed slightly when the economy took a dump,
but it seems to be pretty steady now. It doesn't seem to have affected
my business at all. We seem to be insulated from a lot of it due to
Ottawa being a "government town". Housing starts and housing
construction generally are still strong.