Re: Edmonton, Alberta

"Frank Olson" wrote:

> I'd consider their ethics questionable if they were pressuring ADI/Burtek
> into placing that big order in order to show "good faith".  I wonder if
> we'll ever know the real story behind it.  I do know that ADI/Burtek never
> tried talking me into buying another motion sensor or glass break detector
> when I ordered Paradox units.  They were in a good position to "switch" me
> into other comparable units several times, but never did.  There's a lot of
> brand loyalty out there.  I think that most good wholesalers recognize this.
> If sales are "down" it's to do with the economy more than anything else.  I
> understand TRIED in the US is "hurtin'".

I know there are several folks here who dislike ADI but I've had a good
working relationship with them for years.  They have helped me out when times
were tough and I consider that a major plus.  I also get a lot of referrals
from various branches around Florida.  People call asking to buy this or that
and they give them my number.

As to Burtek, I really can't comment since I never did business with them.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics