Re: Keypad says "check"- can't figure out what's wrong

>I don't substitute equipment on a job we've already won to >"improve our
bottom line".

We don't either.
I said "We squeeze every cent we can out of the hardware column in every
estimate/proposal we create." It is something we do before the fact on a
line item basis. That doesn't mean cheating the customer by substituting
parts after the fact, it means giving them your lowest cost and yet still
meeting their needs. Many times we do large jobs. A small number times a big
number is still a big number. If you have 50 or 100 doors to do and you can
do the same job with a lower cost item, like a smaller size power supply,
why put the unneeded extra capacity and cost in? Just because that is always
the way it's done? I think it is important to pay attention to those details
to save the customer money. If you can do the job correctly with a Vista 20
why use a 128? If a Vista 128 works, why use a 250? Better still why use any
Vista panel? For me a Bosch 9412GV2 beats a Vista 250FBP and a D1260 beats a
6160.