Re: Brinks Home Security Pays Off The Better Business Bureau

>One alarm company I know of actually had a right of recision page on the
>front of their contracts.  Bascially the customer signed it and sent it to
>the company within three days and the contract was cancelled.  In about two
>weeks they got their money back.  Of course this was also one of those
>companies who taught salesmen to rush customers and never give them a chance
>to read everything.

With a few exceptions, federal law requires sellers to give a customer
three business days to cancel most sales over $25 made in the customer's
home and give the customer a full refund.  The seller is required to give
the customer a separate two-part form to use to cancel the deal.  This
applies anywhere in the United States, and it is not an option -- it's
federal law.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/products/pro03.shtm