Re: Brinks Home Security Pays Off The Better Business Bureau

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Bob La Londe" wrote:
>>
>> So wouldn't falsely labeling other people's boxes weaken their claim on
>> their own boxes and certainly would weaken a claim like, "See it even has
>> our sticker on it."
>

> Nope.  The fact that they are a sleazy, dishonest company taking advantage
> of their customers does not give other sleazy, dishonest companies the
> right to use the garbage that they own.

I think there might be one or two or a dozen legal precedents that disagree
with you on that, but hey that's the great thing about our legal system.
Its not about justice, but about who has the most money to do research and
find legal precedents to support their case.  Few judges want to counter
another judges decision on the law.  At best when that happens you can hope
an appellate judge will look at the law instead of the precedent.

A company can't claim, "We never sell our equipment," if somebody can prove
they do sometimes.  They can't claim every panel with their name on it
belongs to them if they clearly can be proven to relabel other people's
panels.

Its not about proving ownership of a particular can, its about disproving
blanket generic statements about ownership to make the claim to that
particular can.

The onus of proof is on the accuser everytime.  Individual judges have their
own prejudices and may weight decisions one way or another, but that doesn't
change the basic premise.

Of course when pairing all this crap with the FACT that people lie routinely
in this society to suit their own ends...  Document Document Document...

"We spoke with the old company and we are cancelling with them properly."  A
note goes on the contract to that effect before they sign it.  Document
Document Document...

"Hey, Our old alarm company is claiming that's their equipment and that we
have to pay for it.  We think this is your fault, and you didn't tell us.
You are an alarm co.  You should know this."

Reply, "I told you everything that was possible, and you stated clearly that
you had taken care of it.  Its on your contract.  We even gave you a copy."

Document Document Document...

Anyway, Robert.  The way things seem like they should be and the way things
are, are most definitely two different things.  Your arguement has some
moral ground, but mine most definitely has legal ground.  Yes, two wrongs
don't make a right, but nothing is ever always or never.

--
Sincerly,
The guy who makes the final decision

The Security Consultant