Re: Non mains system

>stop killing beautiful animals like deer,

These killers are also known as hunters. It is a sport too. The State
generates revenue it uses to protect habitat for the hunted animal and other
animals and plants benefit. Have you ever been to the US? Deer in this area
can reach plague proportions. You'd better learn how to kill deer with
something other than the bumper of your (wrecked) car.  I have killed deer
before, but never on purpose, and never with any weapon other than what I
was driving at the time. I wish there were more (legal) hunters and that
they were more effective in controlling the exploding populations of these
animals. I'd join the ranks of deer hunters if I liked the taste of venison.
As for Americans hunting in Africa I would suspect that would be a matter
for the local authorities in Africa to work out.
There is no timetable for giving up guns here in the US. As a practical
matter in the area I live in it is legal to have a gun in your home (without
a license), carry a gun with you in your car at all times (without a
license) and carry a gun concealed on your person nearly anytime or anywhere
(with a license). There has not been any increase in gun violence, but a
decrease in certain types of crime. There is no change in status of any
animal populations due soley to any gun policy changes.
The point I was making is that there are people that are alive today in your
country that have not been held to account for there actions at the time in
Kenya specifically. I my opinion they should be. All of the incidents you
site about Americans have have had much public and legal scrutiny.
And if we are talking about assholes in American versus British history, for
starters let me say thanks for invading and burning parts of our Capital
City, asshole.

"Paul O'Grady" <Paul-O@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Roland Moore wrote:
> > ">The American urge to kill everything"
> > Seems like you're a bit murky about any similar British urges.
> > So let me get this straight. You are using a weapon in a sport. And that
> > says nothing about you of course. Then considering the technical
> > improvements to the weapon you credit (or blame more likely) on the
> > "American urge to kill everything"? Well, I thought it was Holless
Wilbur
> > Allen's invention along with improvements from guys like Tom Jennings.
Allen