Re: Non mains system

Paul O'Grady wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> Newbie here. I need to protect 3 containers in a field. They will be
> fenced in eventually. Will have mains on eventually but even the meter
> box needs planning permission so nothing happening soon on that front.
> I've had two visits already. I live miles away and I need to use these
> containers asap. Any ideas anyone?
>
> In language I can understand please.
>
> Thanks.  Paul

A cellular communicator coupled to a standard off-the-shelf alarm panel
would more than suit your needs.  You'll need contacts for the container
doors (wide gap type used in overhead doors would work).  If you're
filling the containers with goods, I doubt a motion sensor would work
all that well unless it was a ceiling mounted unit.  If the containers
are unheated, I would suggest you refrain from using motion sensors.
You can power your alarm panel with a car battery for several days (and
it would be easy to recharge from your own vehicle).  Connect it to the
AC inputs (polarity doesn't matter) and use a standard gel cell battery
hooked up to the panel's battery leads.  This should work for you
without the need for solar cells or expensive long-range radio gear.

Good luck!