Re: Bob L

Doug wrote:
> So someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that a
> default judgment along with preliminary injunction and temporary restraining
> order had already been made, and I was further under the impression that the
> contempt hearing was for Jim allegedly ignoring the preliminary injunction.

All correct.

> My knowledge of the law is very limited but I'm not sure how a civil
> contempt motion could be made, if a judgment of some sort hadn't already
> been made against Jim.

Brinks has a default judgement against Jim.  No actual monetary amount
has been awarded though.  I think the Judge wants Jim in the courtroom
to hear both sides (the judgement won't be overturned except on appeal).
  I figure if Jim plays his cards right, Brinks will be awarded some
extra-ordinarily generous sum like $1.00 (89 cents CDN).  He does have
the right to present his side of the case and still show the court that
Brinks actions have been frivolous and malicious (and in this he has the
opportunity to present a lot of expert testimony).  Unfortunately his
battle is now all "uphill" because of what he's submitted to the court
in the way of "responses" to Brink's allegations, motions, and the
contempt citation.

> So I'd be obliged if someone could lay it out in five or six lines what
> actually has transpired, I'm not really interested in who knows or thinks
> they most about the law or opinions on whether Jim could have handled it
> better, IOW just the facts Ma'am, Its also my hope, probably forlorn, that
> this thread doesn't morph into a discussion of whether that line was ever
> uttered in the original series.

Read through the documents Jim has posted on his website.  It's not a
"complete record", but I understand Jim's working on putting more up.