Re: Bob L

> I mostly C&R these days so for me its more about the thrill of the
> catch than anything else.

These trips are strictly catch and release, too.  It's all about the
sport -- not killing fish.  That's also part of the requirements of
the Brazilian federal government and the Amazonas state regulations.
The fish are caught, weighed, photographed and released.

Bob is entirely correct about the species.  He's also a much more
experienced fisherman than I am.  I enjoy the sport and I've wanted
to see the Amazon jungle ever since I was a teenager.  Last year when
I got sick I promised myself that if I survived I was going to do all
the things I've always meant to do "some day in the future."  This is
one of them.  The M109R in the garage is another.  There are trips to
Italy, Israel, Ireland and (maybe) a safari in the planning stages as
well.

So, while Olson, Jiminex and a few other morons spend their free time
posting trash, I'm spending mine traveling to places they'll never
see and doing things none of them will ever have the courage to do.
I invited Bob L along because he seems a decent sort and I know he's
an ardent fisherman.  Jiminex is too scared to show his face and
Olson would just be thrown overboard by the guides, causing the
government to charge them with pollution, so there's no point asking
them.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass