Re: home alarm systems are for sissys

RHC: Sir, you are correct. That and the political strength of lobbies
like the NRA are a great asset. However, I would strongly suggest the
gun haters will use any way they can find to limit gun ownership
leading up to their eventual aim. They can do this through"back door"
laws that limit the discharge of firearms within city limits; they can
close off more and more land to hunting; they can pass local
ordinances governing ownership within city limits. These are but a few
of the ones we see up here.

My point to you folks is NEVER to take things like rights and freedoms
for granted. While you sleep, these groups work tirelessly to limit
your freedoms at all levels and in any fashion they can devise.The
ONLY surefire way to maintain your rights and freedoms is to make it
so expensive for politicians to oppose you that their very political
existence is at stake. As a former gun lobby leader in this country
for many years, I know that compromise and conciliation simply doesn't
work with these groups. They are so blindly sure of their "cause" that
they are not even intellectually honest with themselves (most use
statistics and illogical arguments and reasoning to simply hide the
fact that they hate firearms). And behind every bureaucrat or
politician you take to task, another gun hater crops up from
somewhere, so it's a never ending battle. And I promise you, it WILL
get worse as time goes on, especially with increased urbanization, and
the negative affect of movies and violent portrayals everywhere being
the first and only introduction to firearms for a lot of our urban
youngsters.

Here in Canada, the cause is not totally lost. Our Conservative
government has promised to repeal the long gun registry but no one is
holding their breathe with a minority government. Assuming they don't
shoot themselves in the foot over the next few months, they may well
win a majority, and the pressure will be on to eliminate this useless
and disastrous program. But I've learned never to expect that
politicians will keep their word - especially here in Canada with so
much overall political apathy.

Anyway, keep your guard up ! We have a saying up here..."give your
money or give your guns...your choice"

On Nov 2, 11:21 pm, "Nathan W. Collier" <n...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 i dont doubt their intent.  it would however, require either a repeal
of the