Re: home alarm systems are for sissys

On Nov 2, 10:09 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 1, 3:40?pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Dunno what the answer is other than to teach people proper safety
> > procedures. But every firearms accident, or every misuse of a firearm
> > is just another nail in the coffin of long term legal ownership
> > (Second Amendment and the NRA not withstanding....)
>
> Speaking of "nails in the coffin
>
> While we're off topic and on this topic here's a little tidbit that
> I'm sure has been missed by the majority of people in the US and other
> free world countries.
>
> The UN General assembly is/has working/worked on a (ahem) "Arms Trade
> Treaty". Backed by a group called the Action Network on Small Arms.
> The ruse is: prohibiting the sale of arms to countries that use them
> to violate human rights. (As if any countries not already selling arms
> to those countries would stop.)
>
> Now get this ......... A University of Minnesota law professor by the
> name of Barbara Frey has been named as a UN designated expert on the
> prevention of human rights violation, committed with small arms.
> ( Who?) Her report concludes that insufficient gun control by any
> nation, is a violation of human rights.( Seewww.iansa.org) Her
> report was endorsed by the UN Human Rights Council that consist of
> (get this now) Cuba, Saudi Arabia, China and Pakistan, among others,
> but not the US, who was rejected.
>
> This is just the latest. I've got a document somewhere in my computer
> dated 1966, I think, where the UN was trying to limit the ownership of
> small arms ...... even back then. A number of years ago Ted Turner
> pledged a "Billion Dollars" to the UN to support their efforts to
> limit small arms. When you read their reports and their proposed
> doctrines it all seems as if it's for the benefit of society. But
> anyone with any insight at all can tell that the outcome will surely
> be that the governments control the people. The scary part is that
> even if these resolutions are passed and the US ignores them, at that
> point, we're only one step away from acceptence of their doctrines by
> virtue of the election of a liberal President, and congress, that will
> sit down at the UN and approve of them
>
> Our only hope is that the free people of the world know that the first
> step in controlling the people is to first disarm them. But in view of
> recent decrees in Australia, England and Canada it seems that the
> "people" have turned into sheep. Much to surprise of the UN and Frey's
> group, IANSA , Brazil who's people were highly pressured by these
> two ..... chose to NOT ban the right to own firearms.

RHC: Right you are !! A lot of what is going on here in Canada is
because of pressure from the UN to limit small arms sales. Our past
anti-gun Liberal government quickly grabbed that ball and ran with it.
Just before they were thrown out of office for corruption, they passed
an Order in Council very quietly, which called for all firearms being
imported into Canada to be laser engraved with the country of origin.
The original UN idea was to limit the trade in small arms within the
African nations of arms built illegally in countries like Pakistan
(where roadside AK 47's are produced largely by hand). However, how
that relates to sporting arms made in the USA and other non African
countries makes sense only to those with the propensity to ban
firearms by any means and at any cost. And with the USA wisely opting
out, it now makes virtually no sense...

So.... as of December of 2007, no firearms will be allowed to be
imported into Canada without their country of origin being laser
engraved somewhere on the firearm. Estimates for the equipment to do
this runs as high as $2 million, which puts it out of the reach of
most Canadian importers. Estimates are that it will raise the price of
every firearm coming into the country by at least $200 per gun. And
wisely, the USA has refused to have anything to do with this
nonsense...but NOOOO.....not Canada.

It remains to be seen how all this will affect gun sales in Canada; It
could pretty much dry up supply very quickly. But if extremist groups,
and vote seeking, unethical politicians continue to have their way,
they may well achieve their goals through a multitude of back door
approaches.

Let this be a warning to our American gun owning friends. These
miserable gun hating low life will use every devious means, and tell
any number of lies, and use any deceit necessary to move towards their
REAL goal of the banning of all firearms from the hands of private
citizens. And if you think that statement is too strong, talk to me in
10 years about how you feel then....