Re: home alarm systems are for sissys

On Nov 1, 3:40?pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dunno what the answer is other than to teach people proper safety
> procedures. But every firearms accident, or every misuse of a firearm
> is just another nail in the coffin of long term legal ownership
> (Second Amendment and the NRA not withstanding....)

Speaking of "nails in the coffin

While we're off topic and on this topic here's a little tidbit that
I'm sure has been missed by the majority of people in the US and other
free world countries.

The UN General assembly is/has working/worked on a (ahem) "Arms Trade
Treaty". Backed by a group called the Action Network on Small Arms.
The ruse is: prohibiting the sale of arms to countries that use them
to violate human rights. (As if any countries not already selling arms
to those countries would stop.)

Now get this ......... A University of Minnesota law professor by the
name of Barbara Frey has been named as a UN designated expert on the
prevention of human rights violation, committed with small arms.
( Who?) Her report concludes that insufficient gun control by any
nation, is a violation of human rights.( See www.iansa.org ) Her
report was endorsed by the UN Human Rights Council that consist of
(get this now) Cuba, Saudi Arabia, China and Pakistan, among others,
but not the US, who was rejected.

This is just the latest. I've got a document somewhere in my computer
dated 1966, I think, where the UN was trying to limit the ownership of
small arms ...... even back then. A number of years ago Ted Turner
pledged a "Billion Dollars" to the UN to support their efforts to
limit small arms. When you read their reports and their proposed
doctrines it all seems as if it's for the benefit of society. But
anyone with any insight at all can tell that the outcome will surely
be that the governments control the people. The scary part is that
even if these resolutions are passed and the US ignores them, at that
point, we're only one step away from acceptence of their doctrines by
virtue of the election of a liberal President, and congress, that will
sit down at the UN and approve of them

Our only hope is that the free people of the world know that the first
step in controlling the people is to first disarm them. But in view of
recent decrees in Australia, England and Canada it seems that the
"people" have turned into sheep. Much to surprise of the UN and Frey's
group, IANSA , Brazil who's people were highly pressured by these
two ..... chose to NOT ban the right to own firearms.