Re: New House Alarm - Am I locked out?

jasonextras@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>>  If it IS in the contract
>>> that they retain ownership of the system, which I highly doubt at this
>>> point, then I should be going after the seller of the house for
>>> selling me a system he didn't own.

>> maybe, maybe not. again, read the contract.  did you buy the house as is?

> You keep telling me to read
> the contract, and I simply can't get it.

now you want us to believe you don't have access to the contract you
signed when you bought the house either?  OK, now I get it.  does your
mommy know you are on the computer?
  Listen enough tit for tat.  you got maybe the best advise earlier in
the thread.  just send the board off to be unlocked.  if it is a working
board that is not damaged in some way it will probably come back with
all the programming intact.  all you will have to do is hook it back up
and bingo, you will have a working security system with a default access
code.  which you will then change to keep out unauthorized access just
like the evil alarmco.  no fuss no muss.  unless it has already been
damaged in which case you will have a damaged board with a default
access code.  in which case you will have to buy a new board and learn
how to program it.  welcome to the world of alarm contracting. so maybe
instead of this shot in the dark approach you will buy a new system
altoghether and install it and learn to program it.
	you know it might just be easier to get a real alarmco to do this and
just get it  done.  Try Guardian.  I hear they're good. ;)