Re: New House Alarm - Am I locked out?

On May 4, 10:36 am, Picklesheimer <n...@xxxxxx> wrote:
> jasonext...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Well, I think that if I'm to be bound by a contract the previous owner
> > signed I should at least have the right to read it.
>
> you can't be that thick.  how could you be bound by someone else contract.
>
> >Guardian says
> > otherwise, though.  They will not provide me with a copy.  Although
> > you can call them yourself and have them tell you the exact same thing
> > they told me.  I've called about 6 times now and gotten the same story
> > every single time.  The previous owner paid for the alarm outright and
> > was told he'd be able to use it locally should he discontinue
> > service.  My neighbors, who all use this company, have the same
> > story.  It's easy to say "well, you should have read the contract",
> > but when I never signed it and it is impossible for me to get a copy,
> > that should be causing some bells to go off.
>
> geez, are you a female, you keep whining about the same stuff over and
> over. get over it.
>         like I previously said if you're going to play alarm contractor then
> you have 3 options. 1 hack the board, 2 replace board, 3 replace system.
>   if you don't like that then dont' play.  what is so difficult about
> that.  it's what we do all the time.
>
> >  If it IS in the contract
> > that they retain ownership of the system, which I highly doubt at this
> > point, then I should be going after the seller of the house for
> > selling me a system he didn't own.
>
> maybe, maybe not. again, read the contract.  did you buy the house as is?
>

> > I'm not sensitive.  You come in here calling people names and expect
> > to be treated with respect?  Not going to happen...
>
> touchy, touchy.  don't care about your respect, never asked for it.
> please mam, try to stay on task.

If the previous owner signed the contract and it stated that Guardian
owned the system, then I am indeed responsible for that contract.  I
cannot simply claim to own the equipment because I bought the house
and the equipment is in the house.  I cannot throw that equipment away
unless I'm willing to get billed for it.  You keep telling me to read
the contract, and I simply can't get it.  This should be indicative of
the caliber of company I'm dealing with, as an honest company would
have no trouble permitting such a request.  What makes me wonder is
you mentioned all the "awards" on Guardian's site, but I see none
whatsoever.  Since I mentioned I was discussing this here, it makes me
a little suspicious, especially since this is the only thread you've
ever participated in.

Anyway, there's no need to continue acting like a 4 year old to get
your point across... and you berate me for repeating myself?  Your
replies from now on should simply say "contract" and that's it.  It
might even be more persuasive than your current name-calling tactic.