Re: New House Alarm - Am I locked out?

jasonextras@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> You didn't miss anything.  I don't know where he got that idea.  They
> DO sell parts and they DO sell service.  If you call them they say
> "you own the system."

read the contract einstein.  you don't own the part that contains the
proprietary info. ie the board.

>I don't want their "SERVICE", I wanted to use
> the parts that I now own.  I don't know if the phrase "came across an
> abandoned system" is really applicable either, since they told me they
> just shut it down about a month ago when the owner moved out.

that's because they own it and can do as they like with their property.

>It
> sounds like he selectively read a few sentences and went off on a
> tangent.

it looks like you failed to read the contract and went off ass if you had.

> To answer some of the other posters, though, you're right.  It isn't
> worth it.  I stopped talking to Guardian altogether a week or so ago
> since they wouldn't cooperate.  A number of people have suggested
> seeking counsel, but it's really just not worth the time over a $30ish
> board.  If it was a top-of-the-line system it might be worth making a
> stink at this point, but it's not.  I'm talking to a couple posters in
> this thread, and have plans to contact a few more that offered their
> help, about replacement options but I'm still surrounded by boxes at
> this point and that has priority.  I'll get something done in the next
> few weeks.

now you sound like you know whats going on. if you're going to be your
own alarm
contractor then you'll have to do as an alarm contractor would do if
they came across
this system.  1. either learn to hack the board or 2. buy a new board.
or 3.  put in new system.  welcome to the bigs, kid.