Re: Church told to hang own fire panel

Robert L Bass wrote:

>>>That explains a lot.
>>
>>Like I know where to go to find resistors or diodes?
>

> Take it easy, Joe.  I'm just having a little fun with you.
>

>>They are things that go in electronic circuits...
>>never mind... probably beyond you...
>

> You figure?
>

>>>You learned your trade at Radio Shack?
>>
>>No.  But if I were an DIY and ran across a
>>term such as "discharge test" and saw that
>>I needed to do it to complete an inspection
>>the web site guy told me I would have no
>>problem taking care of on my own then the that is a likely place to go.
>

> That's a lot of "ifs," Joe.  If you were a DIYer
> and you ran across a term like "discharge
> test" and didn't know whay it meant, you'd
> ask the company that supplied the hardware.
> That's what my customers do.
>
> I frequently field calls from customers whose
> systems were professionally installed.  Most
> of the questions have to do with how to
> reset a trouble condition.  Presumably, they
> have not been properly instructed in the use
> and care of thewir systems by the dealers.
>
> Those calls are so common that we have to
> shut off the phones at night just to get some
> rest.  OTOH, I almost never get that kind of
> call from a DIYer, presumably because they
> understand their systems better than
> customers of paid installers.

>>>No reply, eh?
>>
>>Seemed rhetorical...
>

> No, it was a valid question.  You tried to prove a
> point by saying that some official regularly agrees
> with you.  In the next breath you admit he never
> does.  So which is it?  Does he regularly agree
> with you or has the subject never come up?  You
> made the contradictory claims.  Please explain.
>

>>Unlike you, I don't make comments or invent
>>stories just to get reactions...
>

> Well. you say that but clearly that is what you
> just did.  Or was the story rhetorical?  Oh, wait.
> There's no such thing.  Perhaps it was an allegory.
>

>>so your question didn't appear to require an answer since it is obvious to everyone else
>>that the sarcasm was meant for that paragraph.
>

> Nice dodge but you still have not answered.  Does
> the FM always agree with you or has it never
> happened?  I'm only trying to understand what it is
> you're saying.  The question is simple and so should
> the answer be.  There's no need to turn it into
> personal insults.

You started it with your denigration of Radio Shack - which I still
contend is a good place to pick up a component or two when you are in a
hurry and where most average people would go whn presented with
questions like this.  And no you weren't trying to have a little fun.
You are historically rude and belittling to anyone who disagrees with you.

Once again, you are being obtuse.  Do you understand what sarcasm is?
The comment was sarcasm since anyone trying to pass off a self
inspection around here would get cited and told to call a professional.

There is a valid reason that inspections are done by third party.

I don't expect that you will ever admit that you are wrong on this one
so, having said what I wanted to say I shall stop now.  I used to enjoy
news group sparring but lately it is just tedious.