Re: Church told to hang own fire panel

> First, the "guide" in the reference ain't that
> "handy" especially from a layman's view...

I can't speak for you.  I found it helpful in
explaining things to my DIY customers.

> and I'm sure that a business owner has nothing
> better to do than acquire, read and digest the
> NFPA72...

Most of the time commercial fire alarms we sell
get installed by in-house electriciams.  They usually
know NFPA better than many of the alarm installers
I've met over the years.

> so he/she can accurately describe his wiring in
> terms of what class and style wiring he/she has installed.

You're still referring to "class?"

> Not to mention battery calcs and what not.

Battery calcs are a snap.  Many of the
manufcturers even provide a downloadable
spreadsheet to facilitate it.

> Then there is the quick trip to radio shack
> to try and find out how to do a discharge
> test on a battery.

You go to Radio Shack?

> The Fire Marshall around here just loves finding
> inspection forms with "self" entered under "Service
> Organization"... oh wait, he never has...

Hmm.  Which is it?  Does he love it or hasn't
he ever seen it?  Oh, wait.  You were kidding.
About the entire post or just this?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass