Re: OT Crowding the Interesection DOES NOT get you out there any faster...

On Mar 3, 9:58=EF=BF=BDpm, "Pogo" <No_spam_m...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm north of the US border, bikes are dangerous to be on for the first mo=
nth
> of the season till Cagers catch on to share the road. I've found Floridian
> to be the best "aware" as biking is a year round thing. One things that we
> all have in common" That Bloody Cell Phone", as a Biz man I find it
> invaluable as a tool, as a Biker is is the single most thing that I fear.=
.=2E
> there is no second chance on a bike as you are well aware..
>
> I think it won't be long that some form of legislature comes into affect =
> regulate it use behind the wheel of a car. I've sen countless people whom
> can't chew gum and walk at the same time yet feel quite comfortable drivi=
ng
> a 3.5 ton object at 75Mph with a cell phone in ones ear... throw in a
> cigarette and screeming kids in the back seat.. Makes me want to go out a=
nd
> buy a Tank! =A0ha ha..

In New York law says hand's free cell phone use only.

When the law was first passed, summons were being issued all over the
place.
So some people went out and bought hands free accessories.
Now ..... you even see cops riding by, using their cell phones while
driving.
Only time you'll get a summons now is if you're blatantly caught using
it by a cop or if you have an accident while using it.

So ..... all it amounts to is ...... they simply passed a law and
nobody showed up to obey it.