Re: swapping napco 1632 panel

On Mar 5, 11:06=EF=BF=BDam, "Ziggy" <szieg...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > A Napco tech support guy once told me a procedure for defaulting the P1=
632. =A0It involved removing all power from the panel and then
> > shorting one of the pins to ground. =A0Unfortunately, I've forgotten th=
e exact procedure. =A0It would probably be unwise to just short
> > things at random as there is a small voltage (that's what you're killin=
g by shorting) in a cap circuit. =A0Perhaps Jim (aka Alarminex)
> > knows the specifics?
>

> Robert.
>
> Thank you for the response. I have the software and the cable to
> connect to the panel. I have made changes to my p3200 but never
> programed a new panel from scratch.
>
> Steven-

Steve, there are ways of defaulting a number of Napco panels by
shorting pins on one of their IC's. Unfortunately my list of "how
to's" falls short of the 1632. I just assumed that because the chip is
replaceable in the 1632, the same as the 3200 and 9600, that it might
be able to be defaulted in the same manner.

You'll have to gather all the information that you can about the
placement of transmitters and regarding the hex numbers of each of the
transmitters You'll have to know which zone number each transmitter is
assigned to as well as any hardwired zones. Keypads etc as already
mentioned.

 If you get a new board, it will come with a programing manual, which
you should probably not look at. It may just scare the hell out of
you. As long as you have the Napco program, being walked through the
process is probably the best way to do it.