Re: home security alarm system repair

> Ranger American installs the keypads
> at switch height...really dumb when you
> install an LCD keypad...client has to
> get down on their knees to read the
> display...

They want the client to get used to that
position in case he needs to call for
service.  :^)

> So it aint just the electricians..but yah..
> electricians should stick to pulling
> romex and leave the skinny wires to us:-)

I've seen electricians do excellent alarm
work and horrible alarm work.  I've also
seen excellent and horrible work done by
alarm installers.

> I'm gonna have to start carrying my
> camera to job sites again...we should
> start a museum of alarm installation
> oddities.

Stevens used to have an online album
of alarm installations that were totally
jiminexed.

> Like installing the panel in the back
> of a tiny hall closet, 7 feet high with
> the damn shelf hitting you in the
> face...idiots.

I've seen that and I've also seen panels
installed 2" above the floor in a hall
closet full of shoes and God knows
what crawling around.

> Turns a half hour panel trim into 2