Re: home security alarm system repair

I once had an electrical inspector insist that a keypad/annunciator for a
commercial fire alarm be installed at switch height, citing ADA
requirements, the Fire Marshall insisted that it should be at 60" AFF.
The electrical inspector claimed that since it was in effect a switch that
controlled the operation of the fire alarm then it had to go at 48"AFF so
that a person in a wheelchair could access it, the fire guy claimed it was
for Fire Dept use and they didn't have any active fire fighters in
wheelchairs. They went round and round for several minutes, with the end
result that the FIre Dept got their way.

Doug