Re: home security alarm system repair

Yep. We see this a lot.

A million dollar home that the contractor let the electrician wire because
he was there with Cat5...no keypads, no power, no siren, just doors &
windows...or worse than cat5; everything wired with duece...two conductor
keypads and motions.

Yep any old monkey can do it.

"Robert L Bass" <robertbass1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
|> Did you ever consider that the homeowner
| > may share in the responsibility for this
| > installation?
|
| The homes I was referring to were being built on spec.  No homeowner was
involved in selecting anything.  I looked for a new
| construction home when I first decided to move to Florida.  Builders
almost invariably select the lowest bidder.  The homeowner
| doesn't even know who did the work until he buys the place.
|
| I found the same practice when looking for a larger home a couple of years
ago.  That the place I finally bought was prewired by
| some sub-contractor during construction but the original owner didn't sign
up for service so they never finished the job.  I'll have
| to run new wires to eight sliders facing onto the lanai since the
"technician" didn't bother to wire them.  The house has 3,800 sf
| under air plus 2,200 sf of lanai and a 3-car garage.  All they wired for
were three doors and a couple of motion detectors.  Idiots!

| > Many so called "rich people" are
|
| I wonder what would make someone "so-called" rich.  I can afford whatever
I need but I don't consider myself rich.  I would never