Re: Power832 problem - Need immediate help!

Jim wrote:
> On Feb 4, 11:03�pm, pawn <p...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Looks like it's the furnace. �I dug out the original thermostat from
>> before I installed the DSC thermostat, and I get the same result: �loud
>> hum and no fan. �Looks like the alarm system did me a big favour by
>> bringing this to my attention, since the house was warm (even without
>> the fan due to extremely hot air flowing slowly through the ducts) and I
>> had no idea the fan wasn't running.
>>
>> Thanks again!
>
> You'd better get someone to look at that pretty quick. It could be a
> siezed fan motor. Let it run like that too long and you're gonna have
> a lot of smoke in the house and a smell you'll not get rid of for a
> long long time. If your ducts haven't been cleaned in a long time, you
> can have a pretty serious situation brewing.

Thanks for the advice.  I shut down the furnace immediately once I
realized the problem, which was difficult since it took two days to get
someone to replace the fan motor and it was the coldest few days so far
this year.  Thank goodness for the fireplace.

Again, I credit the trouble condition on the alarm system for giving me
an early alert to this issue, since the furnace was working every so
often (enough to keep a little heat going).  I might had a problem like
you suggest above without the trouble warning.

Thanks again.