Re: Power832 problem - Need immediate help!

pawn wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Out of the blue yesterday, my Power832 alarm system started beeping with
> the trouble light on.  If I hit a key, the beeping stops for a little
> while, but starts again.  This system is NOT monitored.  It has worked
> fine for years without the beeping problem.  *2 yields the "1" and "4"
> lights lit up.  I don't think the "4" is relevant, since it's been on
> for years ever since I played with having the system call my cell in
> pager mode.  The monitoring is now disabled (section 380, first light is
> off), however, I never bothered to clear the trouble light (I don't know
> how to get rid of it and the light never really bothered me until now).
>
> Of course my hand is forced now, since I can't live with this beeping.
> I'd just disable the entire system until I figure this out, but my
> thermostat is driven by the system through an Escort add-in controller
> and it's very cold outside.
>
> I believe the problem is with the Escort, or the thermostat, since
> whenever the beeping starts, the thermostat "reboots" (or something) and
> all X-10 lights in the house go off.
>
> Advice needed urgently, thank you for any help at all.  At a minimum, I
> need to know how to power down the system properly (maybe it's as simple
> as flipping the breaker and disconnecting the battery).
>
> Thanks.

After you press *2, the "zone 1" light indicates a "general service
trouble" on the 832.  You have to press "1" to enter the service trouble
menu.  The zone lights that illuminate correspond to the following
trouble conditions

1 = system low battery
2 = bell circuit trouble
3 = general system trouble