Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:46b7d8ec$0$31273$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> >
>> > It's the only thing they can do other than nothing...
>>
>> Uh, no.  It is not.  They could try actually capturing
>> and ptocessing Caller ID.  They could offer daily
>> tests and o/c reports like we have been discussing.
>> T^hey could take the trouble to check when a test
>> signal has the wrong Caller ID so that people like
>> the OP don't have to pay fines due to alarm company
>> stupidity.
>
> It doesn't matter, when the alarm comes in the
> have to dispatch, it is not the central stations
> job to research signals as they come in before
> responding, that is for the installing company
> to do...

Since you work for a similar central station it's not
surprising you would defend the ineptitude of the
CS in question.  I never said they should research
anything before dispatching.  I said they should
have been recording and comparing Caller ID
from the start.  I also said they should have been
receiving daily test signals.  If this had been done
the OP's problem would not have arisen.