Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Let me try it again with emphasis:  *If* the
> >> panel has been relocated, *then* the worst
> >> thing the CS can do is send the police to the
> >> old address.
> >
> > It's the only thing they can do other than nothing...
>
> Uh, no.  It is not.  They could try actually capturing
> and ptocessing Caller ID.  They could offer daily
> tests and o/c reports like we have been discussing.
> T^hey could take the trouble to check when a test
> signal has the wrong Caller ID so that people like
> the OP don't have to pay fines due to alarm company
> stupidity.

It doesn't matter, when the alarm comes in the have to dispatch, it is not
the central stations job to research signals as they come in before
responding, that is for the installing company to do

> Of course, all of the above would require caring
> about things like service and quality.  Since Leuck
> works for a firm where those are foreign words, I
> can understand why he thinks there's nothing more
> to be done.

You have no clue what my firm does

> If the Caller ID showed a different prefix, they would
> know right away that the call was coming from
> Garwood -- not Cranford.

Again you assume they will automatically look at the prefix and know it's
Garwood, I'm sure you have memorized every single area code in the country
and would know what location they originate from. They and every other
central station including the one you use won't