Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Since you work for a similar central station it's not
> surprising you would defend the ineptitude of the
> CS in question.

You don't have enough facts on this to know if they were inept or not

> I never said they should research
> anything before dispatching.  I said they should
> have been recording and comparing Caller ID
> from the start.  I also said they should have been
> receiving daily test signals.  If this had been done
> the OP's problem would not have arisen.

1. It is up the the installation company to set up daily test signals not
the central station

2. The responsibility of the central station is to dispatch on a signal on
one of their accounts, the research comes later but they HAVE to dispatch,
its one of those liability things you never want to understand

> > You have no clue what my firm does
>
> From what ex-clients of yours indicate, apparently
> you do as little as possible.

See? You don't know but then I have no doubt you will quickly make something
up

> > Again you assume they will automatically look at
> > the prefix and know it's Garwood...
>
> I assume no such thing.  Clearly the OP's central
> station did nothing of the kind, else the OP would
> not have had a problem.

It is not up to them, they received a signal and they dispatched, it's what
they are paid to do

> If the CS and the "professional" installer were any
> good at all they would have been notified by the
> CS automation software the moment the offending
> panel was connected.  Needless to say, they failed.

No the CS dispatched when they received the signal, if the installation
company was notified it would have been after the dispatch, so far the OP
has said nothing about the installation company

> Was this one of your accounts?  Is that why you're
> defensive about the "professionally" programmed
> panel?

I was thinking it was more one of your guys myself

> Uh, no, Leuck.  There are things called computers
> in a modern central station.  Properly configured CS
> automation software would have seen the problem
> and alerted the CS operator long before this became
> a problem.

No the properly configured CS automation software would tell the CS operator
that an account received a signal from a given phone number, you fail to
understand that their job is to then dispatch first and if there is a
problem research later