Re: Why I Don't Do Service for Other Companies

I have been in that very situation many times.
It depends on the attitude of the AHJ. If it is a large municipality odds
are there is no give. In a small town perhaps. As a company we have to
follow the straight and narrow and always go "whole hog". Sometimes the
customer understands and sometimes not. We don't do much residential work to
begin with, especially small retrofits. The residential we do get it is
mostly the byproduct of doing a commercial job where you "have to" take care
of the house too. Those typically are larger residential with larger
budgets. But as you probably know some folks with plenty of bucks are the
worst tightwads. It is always an issue to be overcome. The ones who insist
on one smoke get the "see ya" registered letter and the panel is
deprogrammed to Central and unlocked for any other dealer who wants the
business. Let someone else fund the attorney enrichment program. There is a
lot of aggressive enforcement here, and that is probably a good thing for
the most part. I know of several techs going to court right now (over
different issues of "trying to be helpful") who might have seen your logic
and considered the single smoke before they got popped, but not now I'm
sure. As they say "No good deed goes unpunished".