Why I Don't Do Service for Other Companies

Ok...  I admit it.  I have once or twice.  It always bites me in the ass.

The latest one was a joke.

Company X calls me and says, can you help us out we are a small company with
a few accounts in Yuma.  I should said no.  They are an ex-ADT dealer with
over a hundred lick and stick systems in Yuma.

I felt sorry for the littel old lady they sold it to, but she really got a
typical $0 down system.  2 doors and a motion sensor.  They threw in a smoke
and a remote for good measure.

Company X told me they had a PC5010 down there.  I stopped by Jim's site and
downloaded all the PC5010 manuals and stored them on my laptop so I'ld have
refferences with me on-site.  When I got there I couldn't find the panel.
Finally we located it inside the return air duct.  It wasn't a PC5010.  It
was a PC1555.  During the course of our conversaton the lady pulled out all
her paperwork and showed me where they had sold her a Lynx.

Dang.

P.S.  Found.

Magnet falling out of sliding door.
No RJ-31X
Panel inside return air duct.
Cause of actual trouble unknown, and not indicated on the keypad.

and

THEY DON'T KNOW IF THEY HAVE ANY CENTRAL STATION HISTORY INDICATING THE
CAUSE OF THE TROUBLE INDICATION.

I left them a message about all the things I found wrong, and that I wasn't
interested in doing any further work for them.  I don't do installs like
that and sure as heck don't want to service them.  THEY CALLED ME BACK THE
NEXT DAY FEELING AROUND IF I WOULD GO OUT AGAIN.

I have not invoiced them and probably won't.  I would be ashamed to have any
proveable association with that system.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River