> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "secure15" <secure15@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > just
> > XP

> >> Again, apparently you're not that proficient: I have NO Problem or
> >> difficulty with ANY Napco programming- Ademco IS confusing! For the
Last
> >> 20 years! GE to me seems to be in between the 2.
> >
> > I am quite proficient thank you, again all I can tell you is they are
the
> > most difficult to program and the most difficult to explain to others
how
> > program. The damn things come with 3 manuals for crying out loud. Look
at
> > Napco's market share and you'll see most other companies feel the same
way

> > GE is by far the easiest and Ademco is a close second
> >

> Napco can be a little overwhelming when it comes to programming... That's
> why I use their Software to program a panel instead of trying to keypad
> program it... Quickloader makes programming a snap, either via phone line,
> or by directly plugging into the main board (P816 and up)...

Exactly, my point is it should be fairly simple to use both programming
methods

 The main
> drawback, it would be very expensive for a company to equip all of their
> vans with laptops... I think Napco should come out with a cheap handheld
> programmer that ties into the databus (or plugs into the main board), more
> companies would use the Napco product line if they did that...

I don't see the point tho when you can program it with the keypad, a
programmer won't really be an advantage

> Caddx used to
> have a handheld programmer for some of their older panels... I think it
was
> their 8980 and 9000 series panels, they allowed an installer to program
via
> download, keypad, or via the handheld programmer... Just my 1/2 cent :-))

All of their old panels except the 8800 could be programmed that way however
I did quite a number of them and the only advantage the programmer got me
was getting around installer codes, once I knew what it was it was far
easier just to use the keypad to program instead of the programmer