Re: Bob LaLonde and/or Bob Campbell

> Yup, that'll definately do it for sure...:)) But what I was referring to
> was the fact that two vehicles with a tremendous difference in speed
> generate more of a risk of accident than two vehicles travelling much the
> same speed.

I understood whjat you were referring to, Bob.  Just enjoying a few laughs.

> I've got nothing against bicycling; I bought an expensive bike in Florida
> and had a great time cycling through some of the state parks down there,
> and along the tourist areas of Seagrove Gardens. Biking is a great
> activity. But put a bicycle in heavy traffic and the risk of an accident
> is too great. And it won't be the cager that will lose....

I also have a bicycle.  It's a recumbent.  I love riding it on quiet country
lanes as well as along the keys near here.  I wouldn't even consider riding
it on a highway though.

> Even with my heavy cruiser motorcycle, I'm always aware of the risk from
> cars and trucks. It's simply a matter of acting sensibly to survive.
> Bicycles simply don't belong on busy highways (IMO)....

My two bikes are 125cc and 650cc scooters.  I also own several cars.
Survival depends at least partially on staying aware of the danger larger
vehicles present.  This is particularly true in Brazil where traffic laws
are largely ignored and everyone seems to think he's Helio Castroneves.  I
find that driving a scooter, like flying an airplane, hones my driving
skills.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass