Re: Bob LaLonde and/or Bob Campbell

Normal jean material on pavement will last about two tenths of a second
before it disappears, after which your hide is being abraded on the
pavement. The kevlar in the jeans won't abrade; however, it will heat up
with friction, so while your butt will remain intact, you will likely suffer
signifant heat burns. However, this is far better than the alternative ! I
really don't know how the thick, leather Bristol leather pants will work
(and I don't want to find out), but on serious rides, I wear both the
leathers and the Kevlar jeans.

RHC