Re: Bob LaLonde and/or Bob Campbell

> Sounds like you're on the right track with the clothing.

I think so.  When I first picked up the JR jacket it seemed hefty.  I
thought this thing would be really hot in the Florida sun.  I was surprised
at how cool it is to ride in though.  The mesh passes the wind against you
almost as though you aren't wearing a jacket at all.

> The most important speed on any two wheeled
> vehicle is the speed it's comfortably capable of
> cruising at on a continuous basis...

In this case it's capable of cruising faster than I care to drive it.  I'm
comfortable doing 70-80 mph on the highway with it.  Around town I keep it
just under the speed limit.  If I'm really in a hurry or if I'm going on a
long trip I'll most likely take the Odyssey anyway.

> Top speed means little....  As long as the machine
> can handle reasonable and sane highway speeds
> without beating you and itself to death, then you
> should be fine, and that's what counts.

Yep.  One interesting part will be learning to use a manual shift and foot
brake for the MSF course and then un-learning it for the Burgman.  I
generally pick up stuff like that pretty fast though.

Well, it's almost time to leave for the hospital.  I'll be back in a few
days (maybe sooner if things go well enough).  Thanks to you and Bob L for
all the advice.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass