Re: Ademco 50P - Unable To Disarm

Don said:

>- the alarm continued rather than going into DISARMED.  After several
>attempts to disarm, I successfull experimented in changing the armed
>state from AWAY to STAY and back again.  Again I do not know whether
>the worker was still pressing the OFF key.
>
>- I answered Central Station's question that all humans were okay, I
>had  them put my system into test.
>
>- I then turned the system off for varying periods of time by throwing
>the ac current switch and pulling battery connections.  I hoped this
>would somehow reset the system.  That was yesterday.
>
>- After leaving the system unpowered overnight, I just (09:30 EST)
>turned it on... then off.  The system continues to stay armed.
>
>Any thoughts?

The fact that you can go from "stay" to "away" shows that the system is
accepting the code you are entering.   I assume you have tried disarming
the system from all the other keypads.  I'm also assuming the "1" key beeps
when you push it, indicating the keypad is recognizing that you pushed that
button (in older systems. the "1" key will sometimes work intermittently).

My next step would be to disconnect all the keypad wiring from the panel,
then connect one keypad directly to the panel and see if that works.  Set
the address on that keypad to "00."

- badenov