Re: Bob LaLonde and/or Bob Campbell

Glad to see you are doing the MSF course.  That is the best protection you
can have.  A SNELL/DOT helmet also makes sense.

Dragon or Dragin (don't recall which name is correct) are a very good knee
and ass protector.    A reenforced ridding suit with kevlar armor plates is
better.  Probably not necessary unless you become one of those knee dragging
speed junkies that refer to us cruiser riders as rolling speed bumps.  I
mostly wear heavy jeans, but...

Joe Rocket jackets have a very good reputation, but when I tried one on that
was "my size" I had to scream at the sales rep for help to get the damned
thing off.

Leather is a decent protector for the price, but it does not breath at all.

Boots are always a very wise choice.  Some counties in Neveada prohibit
stupid choices like sandals, but for the most part any foot wear is legal in
the states.  I don't look for a motorcycle boot.  I look for a waterproof
steel toe walking boot that is as comfortable to wear and walk in as
possible.  I have found that Wal-Mart carries some cheap lines that I like
very much and wear everyday to work.  They only last about 6-10 months, but
they are the most comfortable to wear over my smashed foot.

I know absolutley nothing about the bike you picked.  I know a little bit
about Harley's (currently have 1), Hondas (3 right now), and Kawasakis
(looking at a new 1), having owned a number of all of the above.

Remember that alcohol (or other recreational drugs) and motorcycles do not
mix well.  I know some local bars I used to hang out in (during my mispent
youth) would let me park my bike inside the bar and take a cab home so I
wouldn't drink and ride.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River