Re: How does one find employees, including trainees?

>I still disagree, continuity is "0" resistance to current flow. it does
> that by putins voltage on the line and seeing if it has current at the
> other lead, if that isn't ohm's law, what is?

As stated earlier, you are wrong.  That is not Ohm's law and it does not
require knowledge of Ohm's law to operate a continuity tester.

> as it happens i understand quite well how and
> why a "volt-ohm" meter works...

That doesn't mean that you know Ohm's law.  That just means you know how to
use a VOM meter.  The one does not imply the other and, according to
contrapositive logic, the other does not require the one.

Note: Whether you do or do not know Ohm's law is not being questioned.  It
is only the idea that one must know Ohm's law to do this work and that one
needs to understand Ohm's law to use a continuity tester.

> so let me say this back to you, "Since you obviously
> don't understand what "feedback" your continuity
> tester is giving, you clearly don't understand the
> instrument itself.  Whether you actually happen to
> know Ohm's law or not is irrelavent."

The funny thing is I can quote you Ohm's law and I can explain it to you.  I
had to answer several questions related to Ohm's law on my license
application some decades ago.  Yet I've probably needed to actually use
Ohm's law two or three times at most during the decades I've been in the
industry.

> As for the snipe, i'm really not trying to be
> harsh...

No, you simply took a pot shot without provocation.  That's par for the
course in ASA.

> but you have tried to give the impression that
> doing this job is ".... where monkeys can be
> trained to do a better job than some "professionals."
> quote by RLB.

Indeed I have seen work by some professionals that probably could have been
done better by a trained monkey.  If you decide to be honest about this
you'll have to admit having seen some sloppy, witless, "professional"
installations as well.

The reality is that alarm installation is not rocket science.  Anyone with a
modicum of tool skills and a bit of patience can be taught to DIY an
effective, comprehensive security system.  The other reality is that most
people have neither the time nor the inclination to DIY.  That's fine with
me.  I'm perfectly happy catering to the niche market of people who want to
do their own installation.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass