Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

>> Any average installation company, with
>> any experience in this trade, doesn't
>> advertise in the yellow pages...

Anyone running a local installation company, looking for business from the
general public, who does *not* advertise in the yellow pages is an idiot.
The first place most potentioal buyers of residential security systems look
is the yellow pages.

>> So .... in fact, anyone who's advertising in
>> them is either a large company who's got
>> the deep pockets to do it and doesn't miss
>> the exobitant amount of money they cost,...

I ran a small, modestly successful alarm company for many years.  We ran 1/4
and 1/2-page ads in the yellow pages in the greater Hartford, CT area.
Monthly cost was $1,000. or so.  Virtually every competitor in the region
ran YP ads for one simple reason.  They work.  Every knowledgeable
businessman knows this.  Done right, YP advertising can be extremely
effective.

The only alarm companies that did not run YP ads were the con artists like
Fowler who used deceptive telemarketing to run their scams.

> for the mininimal response gleaned from them...

Spoken like someone who doesn't know how to write an ad.

>> Here's a little game for YOU to play.
>>
>> Find my company name in a phone book.

Sure thing.  What's the name?  Oh, that's right.  I forgot.  Jiminex is
afraid to use his real name or give out any information about himself here.

>> Nah, don't bother. Yet ....... I've been in
>> this industry for 36 years, have an unlisted
>> telephone number...

... hide behind an alias and a phony email address, etc.

>> By the way, keep in mind that "this trade" is
>> composed of primarily small alarm installation
>> companys, who make up the majority of the
>> trade, and install more systems and monitor
>> more accounts than all of the "mega" companys (sic)
>> put together.

Heh, heh, heh.  Not likely.