Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

Robert L Bass wrote:
> >> Any average installation company, with
> >> any experience in this trade, doesn't
> >> advertise in the yellow pages...
>
> Anyone running a local installation company, looking for business from the
> general public, who does *not* advertise in the yellow pages is an idiot.
> The first place most potentioal buyers of residential security systems look
> is the yellow pages. <

You are a moron. The first place most potential buyers look is the
internet.

> >> So .... in fact, anyone who's advertising in
> >> them is either a large company who's got
> >> the deep pockets to do it and doesn't miss
> >> the exobitant amount of money they cost,...
>
> I ran a small, modestly successful alarm company for many years. <

Which wasn't licensed until 1989 and had a central station operated
from your garage. Yeah that just smacks of success

 > We ran <

To Florida when Consumer Protection in CT caught up with you

> 1/4
> and 1/2-page ads in the yellow pages in the greater Hartford, CT area. <

Another fairy tale.

 > Virtually every competitor in the region
> ran YP ads for one simple reason.  They work. <

More nonsense. CT yellow pages gave a free standard listing to business
owners.The enhanced ads in the burglary section was limited to ADT,
Safehome, Home Technologies, Home & Life Security, Security Services,
and the DIY guy out of Milford.

 > Every knowledgeable
> businessman knows this. <

Which would exclude you

>  Done right, YP advertising can be extremely
> effective. <

This would be true if this post was dated in 1985

> The only alarm companies that did not run YP ads were the con artists like
> Fowler who used deceptive telemarketing to run their scams. <

And yet I won't get turned down for a Florida license. Can you say the
same?
How about you and me contact the Florida licensing board and see who is
eligible for licensing and who is shown the door?