Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

>>> ADT Essential Wireless Package is it any good?  Consists of one keypad,
>>> 1
>>> control panel, three doors alarmed, 1 smoke alarm, 1 quick key, 1 motion
>>> all installed. monitoring $30.99 a month.
>>> upgraded talking control panel is $85.00,  Premiere package is the same,
>>> I think, plus cell guard cell phone alerts, security link, for $973.00
>>> plus additional door, four windows armed for $1323.00
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>

>> Bring a pen. And Vaseline.
>
> Why do you say that?

 Because you're signing a 5 year contract which, regardless of what the
salesperson says, is fully collectible if you move, get hit by a bus,
divorce, etc. It will automatically renew for 1 year periods after that, and
if you don't call to cancel within a 30-day window, you will be on the hook
for the additional time as well. They will increase your price DURING the
contract term (read it carefully) until you're near $45/mo. The amount
you're ultimately going to pay for the equipment and service will be roughly
double what you would pay if you had the same equipment and monitoring
provided by a "local" company.

I used to work for this company. I swear by their in-house Commercial
division, which does top-notch work. Their Residential division, which is
mainly handled by contracted installation companies, leaves something to be
desired.