Re: local monitoring

shady wrote:
> > "mikey" wrote...
> > Is local monitoring still as attractive as it used to be?
> >
> > I've been with the same local station for 17 years but I get some
> > incredible offers from out of province > stations. My existing one
> > overflows to out of province stations, what's the big deal?
> >
> > New customers still ask though... if I move, how can I sugarcoat it?
> >
> > Service centres are still LOCAL
> > Installers are still LOCAL
> > ... ?
>

> As long as the service and installation is local, it doesn't really matter
> where it gets monitored.
>
> The only thing with local monitoring (at least in my area) is that they're
> not ULC approved stations.  So if the one guy working that night goes for a
> smoke break, and your house gets broken into at that moment, you're outta
> luck.

Do UL central station have a restriction about their employees taking
smoke breaks?
Just kidding.

Just a thought but ..... I don't think that being UL says that the
service is going to be any better or worse than a well run non-UL
central. Just because it's "supposed" to be better, doesn't mean it
will be.