Re: What happened to my alarm system last night ?

"Brent" <Brent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> If your system has an event log, look at it or have the alarmco do it.
>> That will solve the mystery.
>> js
>

> Where should I look for the event log ?

I'm not at all familiar with that panel, but others here will chime in soon.

> What information do you as a security expert need  to access my alarm
> panel remotely and download or re-program it ? I understand dealers or the
> installers can do it but as a security expert can you remotely program my
> panel if you know the required information.

Yes, but a remote up/download requires the correct software, which is
supposed to be for installers/dealers only, but anyone can get it really.
Hopefully ADT changed the default CSID code in your panel, but if it was a
dealer, maybe not.

> In my Concord Express users manual on page 26 it says in the "If the power
> goes out" section.
>
> "Your system has a battery backup that keeps your system operational
> during a power failure. An optional feature allows your system to alert
> the CS if the power is off fo rmore than 15 minutes. It reports again when
> power has been restored."
> The worst part is the ADT dealer who installed my system does not know how
> to program this optional feature into my system and they are offering me
> to remove the whole system and refund the money.

Oh, brother.

> Can I get ADT directly to send their technician and get my system
> reprogrammed for this optional feature since the ADT dealer has no clue
> how to do it ?

Donno. Sloud, you there? Wanna help this gent out?

> On page 14 of the users manual there was some information about
> "Notification by Pager" that sends "high level reports" to the pager about
> AC power fail, cpu back in service, phone failure, sensor alarms, sensor
> tamper, receiver failure, receiver jam, touchpad tamper etc.
>
> And lastly on page 28, it says about Alarm system limitations and that the
> system can be compromised
> "If intruders have the technical means of bypassing, jamming or
> disconnecting any or all parts of the system".
>
> Are any of you security experts here capable of bypassing or jamming the
> signals ?
>
> My ADT dealer installer is a chinese guy and he is not that proficient in
> english and even his profession and I had a hard time communicating with
> him.

Been there, done that.

> So help me out with some suggestions.

Take them up on the money back deal. Hire a professional, local company to
install your system correctly, and expect to pay more than the ADT dealer
wanted. In this business, you definitely get what you pay for.
js