Re: What happened to my alarm system last night ?

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Brent" <Brent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Ok what about my original question as to why my alarm system was off in
>> the
>> morning even though I activated it to STAY mode last night.
>
> Some possibilities, beginning with the most likely:
>
> 1. You may not have armed your system, just thought you did. It won't be
> the first time that's happened.

I will be more careful and make sure I turn it on to STAY mode every night
and make it into a habit.

> 2. Someone else disarmed the system after you armed it, and won't fess up.
> Also not the first time.

Nobody can get into my apartment when I am asleep since I have the two
windows locked with two sliding window locking dowels on each window and I
also have a hasp key lock on the door.

So what needs to be determined is if anybody with access to my alarm system
can turn off my alarm system "remotely" ?

> 3. The alarm company disarmed your system via remote up/download.

 I just called ADT one more time and confirmed they didnt disarm it remotely
last night. Moreover ADT told me no body at ADT can disarm my system if I
armed it with my master code.

> 5. Your system is defective.

Quite possible.

> If your system has an event log, look at it or have the alarmco do it.
> That will solve the mystery.
> js

Where should I look for the event log ?

What information do you as a security expert need  to access my alarm panel
remotely and download or re-program it ? I understand dealers or the
installers can do it but as a security expert can you remotely program my
panel if you know the required information.

In my Concord Express users manual on page 26 it says in the "If the power
goes out" section.

"Your system has a battery backup that keeps your system operational during
a power failure. An optional feature allows your system to alert the CS if
the power is off fo rmore than 15 minutes. It reports again when power has
been restored."

The worst part is the ADT dealer who installed my system does not know how
to program this optional feature into my system and they are offering me to
remove the whole system and refund the money.

Can I get ADT directly to send their technician and get my system
reprogrammed for this optional feature since the ADT dealer has no clue how
to do it ?

On page 14 of the users manual there was some information about
"Notification by Pager" that sends "high level reports" to the pager about
AC power fail, cpu back in service, phone failure, sensor alarms, sensor
tamper, receiver failure, receiver jam, touchpad tamper etc.

 And lastly on page 28, it says about Alarm system limitations and that the
system can be compromised
"If intruders have the technical means of bypassing, jamming or
disconnecting any or all parts of the system".

Are any of you security experts here capable of bypassing or jamming the
signals ?

My ADT dealer installer is a chinese guy and he is not that proficient in
english and even his profession and I had a hard time communicating with
him.

So help me out with some suggestions.