Re: What happened to my alarm system last night ?

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> 1. Which ADT system do you have?
> 2. Did you lose power overnight?
> 3. How old is your standby battery?
> 4. There is no 4. (old joke...don't ask)
> 5. Are you the orignal owner of this system?
> 6  Was it already installed when you moved in?
> 7. Have you had any lightning or voltage surges which may have damaged any
> applicances in the past couple of years?
>
> I would pay closer attention this evening and make absolutely sure it is
> armed. Just becase it beeps, doesn't mean it's armed. You might have
> disarmed it (Your Code + 1) and hearing the beep assumed it was armed. We
> are all human here... :)
>
> I myself use the quick arm feature (# + 3) just to be sure. If this
> feature is enabled in your system, you may want to do it that way from now
> on.
>
> Jim Rojas
>

> "Brent" <Brent@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Last night I activated my ADT alarm system to "STAY" before I went to
>> bed. Today morning when I woke up, the alarm system was in TURNED OFF or
>> NOT ARMED state.
>>
>> Any body know whay might have happened and how is this possible ?

I have ADT's GE alarm panel and a honeywell cell backup package installed
last month.

I didnt lose power last night.

Standby battery is less than 2 months old. My system is brand new and
installed last month.

I am the original owner of the system.

I have an APCC power backup that can run for 1.5 hrs to which my alarm
system is connected.

No lightning or voltage purges in the last 2 months since all other
appliances which are not connected to my power backup and surge protector
are still working fine.

I am positive I armed it last night to STAY and I dont think its a mistake
that I thought it is armed to STAY.

What are the other possibilities if it is true that I didnt make a mistake
last night. Can anybody with prior access to my door alarm system panel
programmed my system to remotely turn it off ?. Just wondering.