Re: CP-01

> I guess I am unclear about which panels
> I can use here. According to what I read
> the panels must have the CP-01 UL
> sticker...

Just to be clear, CP-01 is not a UL standard.  It's a SIA standard.  There should also be a UL sticker on the panels.

> To get that a number of features must be
> present.
> Exit Delay:
> 60 Seconds (45 second minimum)
> Progress Annunciation (Different sound
> last ten seconds of delay)
> Automatic Restart of exit delay ONCE
> (upon re-entry) Recent Closing -signal
> sent if alarm within 2 minitues of Exit time expiration
>
> Entry Delay:
> Default 30 seconds (minimum 30 seconds)
> Cancel Message window after abort window
> - 5 minutes
>
> Berglary default 30 seconds dialer abort
> delay (15-45 second range).  May disable
> by zone or zone type.
>
> Swinger shut-down default is '1' max is
> '2' Will reset after 48 hours.
>
> Of all the features of CP-01 this is one I
> like least. Part of the reason to have alarm
> and restore by zone is to track a burglar
> through the zones tripped. It takes a sharp
> central station operator to get you the information, but it has worked for me before.

Following is the text of CP-01 paragraph 4.3.2,
which deals with swinger shutdown:

"A programmable swinger shutdown shall be
required for each non-fire zone, such that one
or two trip shall shut down the zone. The zone
shall be restored by a manual reset or may
be reset automatically after forty eight (48)
hours with no trips on any zones. The default
setting for this option shall be one trip for
swinger shutdown."

I agree that a single trip should not shut down
a zone.  I always used 3 trips for shutdown,
although with modern equipment swingers are
rare if you're careful.

This "feature" is more onerous than some of
the others since it's required on all non-fire zones.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics
941-866-1100
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com

NOTE: Zones disabled by swinger shutdown shall not transmit restoral signals until they are returned to service .
NOTE: A Swinger Trouble code may be transmitted upon the occurrence of additional trips on the zone.
NOTE: Swinger shutdown may be disabled on any non-fire zone that does not require police response.