Re: CP-01

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 16:32:51 GMT, "Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I have been using dialer delay, cross zoning, & abort signals for 10+ years.
>But many panels on that list can have those features turned off easily.

Not the new ones shipping from Honeywell in the last 6 months or so.
The exit error 'feature', coupled with 30 sec. dial delay makes it a
real pain in the ass to send delay zone test signals.

>Ademco Vista20P has it set for 30 seconds by default. I think that is way
>too long.

So do I, I prefer no delay with cancel signal active AND a phone call
to premises before dispatch.  The long dial delay leads to more
service calls from customers stating the 'alarm went off and yoo'ze
guys didn't even call me!'.  Trying to explain this is a 'feature' --
ain't too swift.

--

-Graham

(delete the double e's to email)