CP-01

It seems Texas is going to CP-01 starting January 1, 2007. So I went to the
distributors place today for a little dog and pony on CP-01. DSC is putting
it on. So I hear all the information on the 1616,1832,1864. Then I say well
"what about the 4020 and the whole MAXSYS line?" It easy says DSC. The DSC
MAXSYS line is not CP-01 compliant. You can not install them after December
31, 2006. Wow, I never thought a manufacturer would just abandon a whole
line. DSC says we don't feel that badly about not selling the MAXSYS line
because Paradox doesn't seem to have a single CP-01 panel that they can
sell. Wow again, a manufacturer writes off an entire state?

Well it's not often that I get to hang around with the trunk slammers at the
parts house. So I am thinking maybe things have changed and I shouldn't be
so quick to judge some of these guys. No need to think less of someone's
ability just because they have been in the business for 5 or 10 years and
still don't know how to use a meter for some basics tasks like how to find a
ground or measure inductance. So I asked around to be sure, and yep, they
still didn't know how. So I am overhearing a dealer on the phone complaining
to the counter guy about some gear he just bought that doesn't seem to work.
So the counter guy says are you sure you observed polarity and didn't blow
it up? Sure we're sure we hooked it up right says the dealer. After all WE
POWERED IT UP BOTH WAYS AND EVEN TRIED STRAIGHT TRANSFORMER POWER BUT IT
STILL DOESN"T WORK! I guess not much has changed.

So where else are they having to deal with CP-01 besides us?