Re: CP-01

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message

> > I wonder though if the new standard
> > allows you the flexibility to choose
> > which options you want on and which
> > ones you want off. I don't like dialer
> > delay, but use all the other false alarm
> > prevention features myself
>
> Bob,
>
> Many of the CP-01 control panel standards are programmable options.  The
standard mandates that they be available but does not force
> the installer to select them.  A number of these things have been
available since before the standard was written.  "Auto-stay", for
> lack of a better term, is one example.
>
> I've never liked dialer delays -- that just gives the bad guys an
opportunity to seek and destroy the control panel before the
> signal gets out.  With many companies mounting panels in easily
accessible, obvious locations, that's too much added risk IMO.
> OTOH, I like to implement cancel reporting.  I >feel that it obviates
dialer delay with less added risk.

This is an opinion of a parts re-seller who will not admit to the last time
he was actually at an installaion location or has actually met with a
customer other than over the telephone or keyboard. Before making a decision
about the implementation, or not, of the CP0-1 standard, check your local
alarm ordinance. More and more jurisdictions are making the use of these
standards part of their ordinances. Discuss the options with your security
professional so that they can be set up to your satisfaction. They are there
to be worked with, not ignored. By the way, just how long is that dialer
delay, Robert?