Re: CP-01

> I wonder though if the new standard
> allows you the flexibility to choose
> which options you want on and which
> ones you want off. I don't like dialer
> delay, but use all the other false alarm
> prevention features myself

Bob,

Many of the CP-01 control panel standards are programmable options.  The standard mandates that they be available but does not force
the installer to select them.  A number of these things have been available since before the standard was written.  "Auto-stay", for
lack of a better term, is one example.

I've never liked dialer delays -- that just gives the bad guys an opportunity to seek and destroy the control panel before the
signal gets out.  With many companies mounting panels in easily accessible, obvious locations, that's too much added risk IMO.
OTOH, I like to implement cancel reporting.  I feel that it obviates dialer delay with less added risk.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics